Bledsoe AXIOM ACL Knee Brace Information
Bledsoe’s pivoting gastroc strapping design acts as a “finger-trap”, minimizing brace migration. Quick-release buckles ease application.
Same features as the Axiom-D, but for patients who do not need additional dynamic control. Additional knee injuries to the medial collateral ligament along with the cruciate ligaments can be supported. The Axiom is available in Magnesium or Aluminum (Aluminum version is impct-resistant).
- Improved Protection...Off-the-Shelf: Tough new alloy composite shell will not deform from impact
- Will not crack like carbon fiber
- Pivoting anti-migration design uses pivoting posterior calf straps that "lock" onto calf muscles
- Calf strap prevents brace from slipping
- Lighter, thinner, closed-cell foam pad material provides lower profile brace
- Lighter weight and foam padding won’t absorb sweat or water
- Super alloy aluminum shell weighs less than other materials
- Won’t crack or break like plastic frames
- Anti-migration design uses pivoting posterior calf strap
- Plus a gastroc gripper pad to "lock" onto calf muscles
- No-catch hinge design prevents the hinge from snagging objects
- Hinge won't dig into the ground during aggressive sports play
- All parts can be replaced by the patient using the tools provided
- New soft, velour-like padding for comfortable continuous wear
- Available with Patellar Guard (extra charge applies)
Bledsoe Axiom ACL Knee Brace is a ligament knee brace, utilized for ACL deficiency.
- Increase activity
- Delay ACL surgery
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms
- Improve joint function
- Improve quality of life
This brace is rated maximum support Level IV
Measure the thigh circumference 6" (15 cm) above and the calf circumference 6" (15 cm) below the patella.
Round measurements to the nearest 1/2" (1 cm) increment [ex. 19-3/8" (49.1 cm) - enter as 19-1/2" (49.5 cm)]. Using this rounded measurement, select the appropriate size from the size chart.
Axiom Ligament Knee Brace Application (PDF)
The Four Axioms of Functional Knee Bracing (PDF)
are the ligaments in the Knee?
There are 4 major ligaments that help stabilize the knee joint.
The two side ligaments are the medial and lateral collateral ligaments, and the two central knee ligaments, known as the ACL and PCL ligaments.
This device is indicated for increased support of knees following injury to or reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament, posterior cruciate ligament when properly adjusted. Also indicated for increased support for patients who have continued symptoms of giving way, poor quadriceps or hamstring strength, or a desire for an early return to sports activities.
This device is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 90 days for wraps, pads, straps and normal wear components, 180 days for mechanical functionality and components. These warranties apply to devices that have not been modified or subjected to misuse, abuse or neglect.
HCPCS Code: L1845