Bledsoe AXIOM-D ACL Knee Brace Information
The NEW Dynamic, Muscle-Powered AXIOM-D ACL OTS places increasing posterior force against the tibia as the knee moves into extension.
This unique force prevents subluxation and supports natural quad and hamstring activity. It reduces the symptoms of ACL deficiency... Security is restored. For PCL deficiency, the AXIOM-D can place anterior force against the calf as the knee is flexed to reduce symptoms.
- Improved Protection...Off-the-Shelf: Tough new alloy composite shell will not deform
- Will not crack like carbon fiber. Weighs less to
- Available in ACL
- Customer must call if requesting Combined Instability
- ACL version does not have anterior thigh strap
- Anti-migration design uses pivoting posterior calf strap
- Plus a gastroc gripper pad to "lock" onto calf muscles
- No-catch hinge design prevents the hinge from snagging objects
- Will not dig into the ground during aggressive sports play
- The unique Ratchet Release closure (pat. pend.) extends strap life
- Hinges can be disassembled for easy cleaning and maintenance
- All parts can be replaced by the patient using the tools provided
- New soft, velour-like padding for comfortable continuous wear
- Available with optional Hi-Activity shell pads for sport play
- Choose Standard or Athletic style based on sizing measurements
The Bledsoe Axiom-D ACL Knee Brace is a ligament knee brace, utilized for ACL and/or PCL deficiency.
- Increase activity
- Delay ACL surgery
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms
- Improve joint function
- Improve quality of life
This brace is rated Level IV
Click here for Rating Information
Measure the thigh circumference 6" (15 cm) above and the calf circumference 6" (15 cm) below the patella.
Round measurements to the nearest 1/2" (1 cm) increment [ex. 19-3/8" (49.1 cm) - enter as 19-1/2" (49.5 cm)]. Using this rounded measurement, select the appropriate size from the size chart.
Axiom Ligament Knee Brace Application (PDF)
The Four Axioms of Functional Knee Bracing (PDF)
are the ligaments in the Knee?
There are 4 major ligaments that help stabilize the knee joint.
The two side ligaments are the medial and lateral collateral ligaments, and the two central knee ligaments, known as the ACL and PCL ligaments.
The Axiom-D includes flexion/extension stops and carrying bag.
This device is indicated for increased support of knees following injury to or reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament, posterior cruciate ligament when properly adjusted. Also indicated for increased support for patients who have continued symptoms of giving way, poor quadriceps or hamstring strength, or a desire for an early return to sports activities.
This device is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 90 days for wraps, pads, straps and normal wear components, 180 days for mechanical functionality and components. These warranties apply to devices that have not been modified or subjected to misuse, abuse or neglect.
HCPCS Code: L1845