Bledsoe Conformer Charcot Walking Boot Information
The Bledsoe Charcot Conformer Walking Boot is the #1 prescribed physician walking boot for patients with a charcot foot. The Bledsoe Charcot Conformer Boot is an off-the-shelf alternative to traditional casting that provides total comfort and protection specifically for Charcot patients.
This high-top version of the Conformer features a pneumatic pad added to the proximal tibia area for increased comfort during max load bearing. The winged PTB plate is added to maximize offloading of vertical force from the forefoot to the calf muscles and the patellar tendon.
- Aluminum boot shell and upright system
- Unlike plastic boots, can be reformed to fit virtually any leg or ankle shape
- Can be removed for daily cleaning, dressing changes and medication
- A unique "Automold" triple density foot bed comprised of an auto-molding innersole
- New pre-molded dual density mid sole
- Designed to evenly distribute weight across the entire bottom surface of the foot
- Distributes weight up to one inch (2.5 cm) on all sides of the foot
- Innersole molds itself to the foot shape
- Mid sole is specially designed to provide maximum perimeter loading
- Superior to a total contact cast
- Versatile-use one device for the entire duration of treatment
- Available only in Black
- Boot size according to shoe size
- See sizing instructions
- Optional Air Ankle/Heel Pad
(Air ankle/heel pad allows for ability to adjust ankle pressure for increased comfort and provides pneumatic ankle support)
This device is indicated to replace total contact casting for the treatment of ulcerative or pre-ulcerative conditions of the bottom of the foot.
- Ankle/Foot immobilization
- Post surgery protection
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms
- Reduce foot pressure
- Protection of diabetic ulceration
This brace is rated Level IV
Click here for Rating Information
Bledsoe Charcot Conformer Walking Boot Application Instructions (PDF)
Bledsoe Charcot Conformer Walking Boot Fitting Instructions (PDF)
is a Podiatrist? |
A Podiatrist is a specialist in the lower extremity, primarily in the foot and ankle.
Podiatrists are well trained in all aspects of orthopedic surgery, dermatology, vascular and neurology as it pertains to the foot and ankle.
This device is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 90 days for wraps, pads, straps and normal wear components, 180 days for mechanical functionality and components. These warranties apply to devices that have not been modified or subjected to misuse, abuse or neglect.
HCPCS Code: L4360