DeRoyal DeROM Dynamic Elbow Orthosis Information
Dynamic splinting utilizes the method or modality of low load prolonged stretching (LLPS)This involves applying a low amount of force to the affected joint for a prolonged period of time with little or no discomfort to the patient.
The result is a permanent stretch of the soft tissue and permanent restoration of the joint’s ROM.
- Dynamic splint provides low load prolonged stretch to soft tissue to restore joint’s ROM
- Flexion and extension assist in a single unit
- Malleable cuffs for a customized fit
- Easy to set and release tension with integrated adjustment tool and tension release lever
- Unique quick straps for easy application and removal
- Tension Limiting Control (TLC) knob prohibits excessive force
- Range of motion stops for static progressive splinting
- Replaceable foam liners
- Deliver may take up to 10 business days
The DeRoyal DeROM Elbow is indicated for joint stiffness, ROM limitations, soft tissue contractures
- Continuous low load stretch
- Reduced surgical contracture
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms
- Improve range of motion
- Improve healing time
This brace is rated Professional
Click here for Rating Information
Measurement is based on Mid-Biceps Circumference
DeRoyal DeROM Elbow Application Directions
The DeRoyal DeROM Elbow Orthosis should not be used if a patient is suffering from any of the following conditions:
- Severe spasticity
- Severe osteoporosis
What is Elbow
Elbow contracture simply describes an elbow that will not achieve full range of motion, either in flexion or extension.
Trauma (eg. fracture) is the most common cause of elbow contractures, followed by post-surgical scar formation and complications.
Caution should be used if any of these conditions exist: healing skin wounds, mild spasticity, heterotrophic ossification and mild osteoporosis.
If pain, numbness, swelling, or skin irritation occurs while wearing the DeRoyal DeROM Elbow Orthosis, the device should be removed. The patient should be re-evaluated and an appropriate adjustment made to the device.
This unit can only be sold with a prescription or to a qualified health care provider. After your purchase please email or fax a copy of your prescription or medical license. Fax: (954) 574-9343.
This item is non-returnable.