DonJoy Defiance III - Female Fource - Custom Information
Females are 3-8 times more likely to sustain an ACL tear than males. In addition, over 70 percent of all ACL injuries occur during non-contact activities, such as cutting, jumping and twisting maneuvers.
DonJoy Female Fource™ addresses biomechanical factors that have been implicated in the high incidence of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears in females.
Females tend to perform cutting and landing maneuvers with their knees and hips in an extended and less protected position. The Female Fource incorporates dj Orthopedics' FourcePoint™ hinge technology, which has been clinically demonstrated to increase knee flexion angles, limiting the time the knee spends in at-risk positions during activity; therefore, providing females the protection they need.
- Patented FourcePoint Hinge Technology
- The only bracing technology clinically proven to protect the ACL
- Reduces the time spent near full extension, or in the "at risk" position
- Enhances the Four-Points-of-Leverage
- Designed by increasing the posterior load applied by the brace on the tibia
- Improves patient's natural gait by applying progressive resistance before reaching end point
- Four-Points-of-Leverage design for superior ligament protection and comfort
- Medial Swooping Thigh Frame (Defiance III) for increased medial thigh clearance
- Swiveling strap tabs (Defiance III) to match anatomy through movement
- Anti-Migration calf strap and Supra condylar Pad for brace suspension
- Custom Graphics Sticker Kit to personalize the brace to your own liking
- Lightweight (18oz), low profile design
- Short calf versions availableble
- Short thigh available (Defiance).
- Assortment of color, graphic and gradation options available
- Lifetime limited warranty on frame and hinge
- 24 Hour turnaround time
- Breast Cancer Donation to support breast cancer initiatives
DonJoy Custom Female Fource is indicated for the patient with ACL reconstruction, ACL deficiencies or prophylactic use.
- Increase high impact activity
- Delay knee surgery
- Prevent stop shock syndrome
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms associated with ACL,MCL,LCL injuries
- Improve joint function
- Provide maximum support and maximum stability
This brace is rated Professional
Click here for Rating Information
Measurements taken with CCMI Mark III or casted in weight bearing
Choose Your DonJoy Defiance Color
DonJoy Defiance Custom Forms
DonJoy CCMI Measuring Instructions
The Custom Defiance combines the ultimate in technology, materials and design, this lightweight brace provides optimal support for moderate to severe ACL instabilities, ACL reconstructions, collateral ligament instabilities, hyperextension and for prophylactic use. The low-profile design allows for a comfortable fit under clothing. |
As the strongest of DonJoy's functional braces, the custom, carbon composite Defiance is recommended for high collision sports, its featherweight materials and custom fit also make it the brace of choice for activities of daily living.
This custom brace can only be sold with a prescription or to a qualified health care provider. After your purchase please email or fax a copy of your prescription or current medical license.
A CCMI Mark III Measuring Instrucment is used to measure Custom DonJoy Braces. To purchase a CCMI Mark III, click here.
Once we receive your prescription or license, one of our customer service representatives will contact your local DonJoy Representative, who will arrange a fitting for your brace.
Once our corporate office receives your measurements and color selection, your brace will shipped to you within 5-7 days.
***The Four Points of Leverage combine to successfully apply a net differential posterior force, or constant force to the tibia, which reduces the instability in the ACL.
- Point 1 Anterior: The first point of leverage is the anterior thigh cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the femur anteriorly
- Point 2 Posterior: The second point of leverage is the posterior calf cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the tibia posteriorly
- Point 3 Posterior: The third point of leverage is a posterior thigh strap, which is applied while drawing the hinge bars posteriorly on the knee
- Point 4 Anterior: Incorporating the fourth point generates the crucial opposing force. By tightening and affixing the anterior tibial strap, the hinge is drawn into proper position, and the tibia is rotated posteriorly
The NEW LoPRo FourcePoint Technology was developed to further protect the ACL and enhance the Four Points of Leverage brace design. The patented FourcePoint hinges are designed to react during leg extension and offer an increasing resistance in the last 35° of extension, in order to reduce extension shock and increased posterior tibial loads. The hinge has 3 adjustment settings to vary the amount of resistance to meet the specification of the physician's protocols.
HCFA Code: L1858