DonJoy Custom Defiance Standard Shape Knee
DonJoy Custom Defiance Standard Shape Knee is DonJoy's flagship knee brace. With clinically-proven technology including the 4-Points-of-Leverage System™ plus innovative, high-tech materials and design, this lightweight brace provides durable support for moderate-to-severe ACL, PCL, MCL and LCL instabilities. Plus, the low-profile design fits comfortably underneath clothing and sports uniforms, including hockey and football.
As the strongest of DonJoy's functional braces, the custom, carbon composite Defiance is recommended for high-collision sports, while its featherweight materials and custom fit also make it the brace of choice for activities of daily living. Available with the LoPro FourcePoint Hinge, the only hinge clinically-proven to protect the ACL. Defiance technology is on the field, on the court, on the slopes and in the water protecting knees and providing confidence to those who wear it. First introduced in 1992, DonJoy has produced more than a million braces; in college football alone, 22 of the Associated Press Top 25 teams use the Defiance knee brace.
The custom carbon fiber composite is lightweight; the low-profile design fits comfortably under clothing and sports uniforms and is available in more than 40 frame colors and graphics.
Defiance technology is on the field, on the court, on the slopes and in the water protecting knees and providing confidence to those who wear it. First introduced in 1992, DonJoy has produced more than a million braces; in college football alone, 22 of the Associated Press Top 25 teams use the Defiance knee brace.
Not available for international customers!
- ACL/PCL versions with patented 4-point dynamic leverage system
- Anti-Migration Strap to prevent brace from migrating
- Swiveling strap tabs for changing leg shapes through flexion and extension
- Low profile hinge cover for better strength and medial clearance
- Supra Condyle Suspension-prevents brace migration
- Weighs approximately 18 ounces
- Low-profile design
- Custom made to individual patient measurements
- 72-hour in-house turnaround
- CI version with anterior thigh strap
- Short calf version available for ski and motocross boot clearance
- Short and standard lengths
- Defiance Extra version includes reinforced carbon frame and slide shield
- Suede, chamois and chamois pneumatic liners and strap pads available
- Choose standard hinge, fourcepoint hinge or droplock hinge (NO EXTRA CHARGE)
- Choose from a wide selection of colors.
- Graphic color patterns available (extra charge applies)
- Flexion stops: 45°, 60°, 75° and 90°
- Extension stops: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30° and 40° (10° installed)
- Custom Bracing Form
- Easy to use custom measuring system (CCMI)
The DonJoy Defiance Custom Knee Brace is indicated for the patient with ACL reconstruction, ACL deficiencies or prophylactic use.
- Increase high impact activity
- Delay knee surgery
- Prevent stop shock syndrome
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms associated with ACL,MCL,LCL injuries
- Improve joint function
- Provide maximum support and maximum stability
This brace is rated Professional
Click here for Rating Information
Measurements taken with CCMI Mark III or casted in weight bearing
Choose Your DonJoy Defiance Color
DonJoy Defiance Custom Forms
DonJoy CCMI Measuring Instructions
The Custom Defiance combines the ultimate in technology, materials and design, this lightweight brace provides optimal support for moderate to severe ACL instabilities, ACL reconstructions, collateral ligament instabilities, hyperextension and for prophylactic use. The low-profile design allows for a comfortable fit under clothing. |
As the strongest of DonJoy's functional braces, the custom, carbon composite Defiance is recommended for high collision sports, its featherweight materials and custom fit also make it the brace of choice for activities of daily living.
This custom brace can only be sold with a prescription or to a qualified health care provider. After your purchase please email or fax a copy of your prescription or current medical license.
A CCMI Mark III Measuring Instrucment is used to measure Custom DonJoy Braces. To purchase a CCMI Mark III, click here.
Once we receive your prescription or license, one of our customer service representatives will contact your local DonJoy Representative, who will arrange a fitting for your brace.
Once our corporate office receives your measurements and color selection, your brace will shipped to you within 5-7 days.
***The Four Points of Leverage combine to successfully apply a net differential posterior force, or constant force to the tibia, which reduces the instability in the ACL.
- Point 1 Anterior: The first point of leverage is the anterior thigh cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the femur anteriorly
- Point 2 Posterior: The second point of leverage is the posterior calf cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the tibia posteriorly
- Point 3 Posterior: The third point of leverage is a posterior thigh strap, which is applied while drawing the hinge bars posteriorly on the knee
- Point 4 Anterior: Incorporating the fourth point generates the crucial opposing force. By tightening and affixing the anterior tibial strap, the hinge is drawn into proper position, and the tibia is rotated posteriorly
The NEW LoPRo FourcePoint Technology was developed to further protect the ACL and enhance the Four Points of Leverage brace design. The patented FourcePoint hinges are designed to react during leg extension and offer an increasing resistance in the last 35° of extension, in order to reduce extension shock and increased posterior tibial loads. The hinge has 3 adjustment settings to vary the amount of resistance to meet the specification of the physician's protocols.
HCFA Code: L1858