DonJoy MaxTrax Air ROM Walking Boot Information
Protected range of motion and adjustable air cell system provides stability and helps decrease pain and edema following trauma or post-operative procedures. ROM settings between 45° plantar-flexion and 30° dorsi-flexion in 7.5° increments. Uprights lock in fixed positions of 0°, 7.5°, 15°, 22.5°, and 30° plantar- and dorsi-flexion.
Cushioned inner/outer sole with low profile rocker bottom provides increased stability and comfort. Soft nylon/foam liner. Ideal following Achilles tendon repair for controlled rehab, and stable fractures of the lower leg.
- Adjustable pneumatic air chambers to accommodate changes in edema during rehab
- Maximize patient compliance
- Integrated pump designed to make the liner simple to inflate and adjust
- Medial/lateral dual air cell system inflates sides equally
- Swiveling D-rings allow for criss cross or parallel strapping
- Malleable uprights breakdown for shorter tibia/fibula on standard height walker
- ROM Hinge promotes early range-of-motion
- Fits either left or right leg
- Moderate/severe sprains
- Post-operative care
- Stable fractures
- Immobilization following other lower leg/foot injuries
- Enhanced mobility
- Patient compliance
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms
- Comprehensive range of application
- Reduce foot/ankle swelling and inflammation
This brace is rated Level IV
Click here for Rating Information
The MaxTrax Walkers are intended to increase stability following trauma or post operative procedures including: acute ankle sprains, stress fractures of the lower leg, soft tissue injuries (grade II and III sprains), stable fractures and injuries of the foot and ankle, bunionectomies, metatarsal fractures, and Achilles tendon repair.
What is the Fibula?
The Fibula is a long slender bone that, with the Tibia makes up the lower leg.
The Fibula bears very little weight of the body compared to the larger Tibia.
HCPCS Code: L4360