DonJoy Drytex Playmaker Ligament Knee Brace Information
The DonJoy Drytex Playmaker is one of the most popular ligament knee braces. Functionality and price are the main highlights of this versatile high Level III knee brace.
The Playmaker Wraparound Drytex knee brace has been used by thousands of satisfied customers who require the strength of the DonJoy Polycentric hinge and the breath ability and lightness of the Drytex material. This brace is ideal for patients who have neoprene-based irritations or allergies or live in warm weather climates. Choose from slip-on or wrap-on styles.
Now available with the NEW FourcePoint ACL Hinge Kit.
- Feature patented 4-point dynamic leverage system ***
- Polycentric hinge with contoured condyle shells
- Suitable for mild to moderate ACL, PCL and MCL and LCL instabilities
- Low-profile, lightweight design
- Versatile strapping
- Polycentric hinge provides for extension stops: 10º, installed
- Additional stops available(extra charges apply)
- Available in Neoprene Playmaker
- With or without popliteal cutout
- Cutout in the back of the brace to allow more breathability and prevent bunching
- Available in slip-on or wrap-around styles
- Additional full-circumference thigh strap for CL conversion
- 90 day warranty on frame and hinge
- Now available with Patella Donut
- Now available with FourcePoint Hinge Kit(Extra Charge Applies)
- FourcePoint Hinge is the only hinge clinically proven to protect the ACL
- FourcePoint Hinge has adjustable spring-loaded "braking system", to gently control extension
- DropLock Hinge Playmaker is available
- DropLock brace locks the knee in full extension
- Then allows quick release "drop lock", to allow full flexion
- DropLock ideal for post-operative use, post-polio and MS patients
The Drytex Playmaker Knee Brace provides dependable support for mild to moderate ACL and/or PCL, MCL and LCL instabilities.
- Increase activity
- Delay surgery
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms associates with arthritis
- Improve joint function
- Improve quality of life
This brace is rated Level III
Click here for Rating Information
Match up the three measurements with the chart above to determine which size brace you need.
If you have any questions about which size you need please call, instant message or email us.
The Drytex Playmaker, suitable for mild to moderate ACL, MCL and LCL instabilities, is a neoprene alternative constructed of a unique nylon core and polyester Lycra® fabric that allows for improved airflow.
The lightweight polyester-nylon weave fabric is ideal for patients who have neoprene-based irritations or allergies, or live in warm weather climates.
***The Four Points of Leverage combine to successfully apply a net differential posterior force, or constant force to the tibia, which reduces the instability in the ACL.
- Point 1 Anterior: The first point of leverage is the anterior thigh cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the femur anteriorly.
- Point 2 Posterior: The second point of leverage is the posterior calf cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the tibia posteriorly.
- Point 3 Posterior: The third point of leverage is a posterior thigh strap, which is applied while drawing the hinge bars posteriorly on the knee.
- Point 4 Anterior: Incorporating the fourth point generates the crucial opposing force. By tightening and affixing the anterior tibial strap, the hinge is drawn into proper position, and the tibia is rotated posteriorly.
What is the cause of ACL Tears?
Hyperextension of the knee more than 10 degrees beyond its normal fully straightened position, and excessive inwards rotation of the lower leg is a very common cause of an ACL tear.
HCPCS Code: L1832