DonJoy Ski Armor Ligament Knee Braces Information
Taking ligament bracing to the final level, DonJoy is please to introduce the functional ligament knee brace know as THE SKI ARMOR (Extreme) , with its patented 4-point dynamic leverage system technology. The name of this brace says it all. The Armor brace was designed for strength and durability.
The DonJoy Armor is lightweight and low profile but stronger than any of the current off-the-shelf braces. State-of-the-art hyperextension stops do just what you'd expect - keep your knees from hyperextending! The DonJoy Armor is used by people who live for the goal: Never Stop Getting Better.
The DonJoy Ski Armor is different that the standard Action Armor (Extreme) or Short Armor.
The DonJoy Ski Armor has a Medial Ski Deflector along the medial or inner hinged of the knee brace. This deflector prevents the medial (inner) hinge from “hooking up” with the other brace or knee. This is incorporated into the hinge itself and cannot be removed. This feature is only available with the Ski Armor Knee Brace. The DonJoy Ski Armor is recommended when two armor braces are worn at the same time.
If only one brace is to be worn, we recommend the DonJoy Short Armor (Extreme) Knee Brace.
- Medial Ski Deflector prevents medial (inner) hinge from “hooking up” with other brace
- This is incorporated into the hinge itself and cannot be removed
- This feature is only available with the Ski Armor Knee Brace
- 4-Points of Leverage is proven to be a superior design
- Controls abnormal anterior/ posterior drawer
- Super lightweight, durable frame of 1/8" 6061 t6 aircraft aluminum
- Short Calf allows room for ski/motocross boot
- Standard swooping thigh and short calf design provides excellent versatility
- Straps and liners feature a low profile and thermal formed design for comfort and durability
- Low profile frame fits under pants, dresses and uniforms
- Overlap on cuff liners reduces pinching on heavier people
- Less chance of popliteal binding w/ lower profile pads
- Braces come with 10° stops installed and a flexion/hyperextension kit is available
- Features a sleek Silver-Vein Powder special matted powder coat for added durability
- Choose from ACL, PCL or Combined strapping
- FREE Flexion/Extension Stops included
- With seven sizes to choose from (no one has more!), your best fit is here
- The Ski Armor is 15" in length (short calf) to accommodate ski boots
and other high leg boots
The DonJoy Ski Armor is indicated for mild to severe ACL and/or PCL, MCL & LCL instabilities for active, sedentary and adolescent patients.
Recommended for contact sports. Indicated when two armor braces are to be worn at the same time.
- Increase high impact activity
- Delay knee surgery
- Prevent stop shock syndrome
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms associated with ACL,MCL,LCL injuries
- Improve joint function
- Provide maximum support and maximum stability
This brace is rated Level IV
Click here for Rating Information
Match up the three measurements with the chart above to determine which size brace you need.
If you have any questions about which size you need please call, instant message or email us.
How to Put On Your DonJoy Ski Armor Ligament Knee Brace
FourcePoint Hinge Technology works to enhance DonJoy's Four-Points-of-Leverage design by damping knee joint extension, which improves the mechanical performance of the brace and reduces shear forces at the knee. Addressing the "at risk" position, the hinge resistance engages in the last 25 degrees of knee extension.
***The Four Points of Leverage combine to successfully apply a net differential posterior force, or constant force to the tibia, which reduces the instability in the ACL.
- Point 1 Anterior: The first point of leverage is the anterior thigh cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the femur anteriorly
- Point 2 Posterior: The second point of leverage is the posterior calf cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the tibia posteriorly
- Point 3 Posterior: The third point of leverage is a posterior thigh strap, which is applied while drawing the hinge bars posteriorly on the knee
- Point 4 Anterior: Incorporating the fourth point generates the crucial opposing force. By tightening and affixing the anterior tibial strap, the hinge is drawn into proper position, and the tibia is rotated posteriorly
|Swoop-design angle of frame means you're comfortable and unstoppable with: No inner-thigh pinching; No interference with sports equipment.||For the patient demanding additional support and symptomatic pain relief of patellofemoral dysfunction including lateral mal-tracking & subluxation||Calf Pinch Guard hooks on frame and acts as transition between boot and brace to prevent pinching between calf and brace.|
|Swiveling strap tabs allow 15 degrees of movement-for accommodation of changing leg and muscle positions.||Impact guard for knee and shin is designed to protect the shin and knee from blunt blows. (Extra charge applies)||The Medial Ski Deflector prevents the medial (inner) hinge from "hooking up" with the other brace or knee.|
Feel secure about your purchase. Armor by DonJoy braces come with a 1-year warranty on frame and hinges, and a 6 month warranty on soft goods.
HCFA Code: L1845
- Meets my needs Review by Fella
The brace is reasonably comfortable (obviously) protects well and the ordering process was very easy with the help of Stephanie. She answered all my questions about sizing... (Posted on 4/8/14)