Lenox Hill Swedish Knee Cage
Lenox Hill Swedish Knee Cage was designed to control Genu Recurvatum (hyperextension) of the knee.
The Trulife Knee Cage permits knee flexion, aids in ambulation, and increases motion power of the quadriceps. The lightweight, thermoplastic construction of the brace conforms to the anatomy of the leg.
The adjustable 3 point pressure strap behind the knee is padded for patient comfort.
The new Knee Cage is indicated for hyperextension of the knee due to plantar flexion contracture, quadriceps weakness, and hip extension weakness.
Please allow 7-10 days for delivery!
- Effective control of Genu Recurvatum (hyperextension)
- Posterior pressure pad is adjustable at attachment to the uprights
- Permits knee flexion, aids in ambulation, and increases motion power of the quadriceps
- The adjustable 3 point pressure strap behind the knee is padded for patient comfort
- Better control, comfort, and increased compliance
- Permits flexion at the knee without mechanical joints and locks
- Lightweight vinyl coated aluminum molds easily
The Trulife Swedish Knee Cage is designed for mild to moderate Genu Recurvatum due to plantar flexion contracture, quadriceps weakness, and hip extension weakness.
- Control hyperextension
- Improve ambulation
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms
- Improve joint function
- Improve quality of life
This brace is rated Level IV
Click here for Rating Information
- Unfasten lateral side of the thigh and calf straps by removing Velcro tabs (see fig.1) holding
the straps to the uprights, and sliding lateral sides off
- Seat patient prior to application with knee in flexion
- Apply brace from the posterior side of the leg, centering the middle back pad to the knee
- Align the uprights of the brace medially and laterally centered with the knee
Bring the thigh and calf straps across the from of the leg, re-attach onto uprights, and
fasten in place with Velcro tabs
- Stand the patient and observe the degree of knee extension. Adjust, if necessary.
- Note: The adjustment position of the back pad controls the amount of extension lock-out
For more knee extension, or less lock-out, adjust the back pad by removing the hex screws on
the medial/lateral sides of the uprights, and reposition in additional holes provided
- This will position the leg in a more anterior position in the brace
The new Knee Cage by Trulife was designed to control Genu Recurvatum (hyperextension) of the knee. The Knee Cage permits knee flexion, aids in ambulation, and increases motion power of the quadriceps. The lightweight, thermoplastic construction of the brace conforms to the anatomy of the leg. The adjustable 3 point pressure strap behind the knee is padded for patient comfort. The new Knee Cage is indicated for hyperextension of the knee due to plantar flexion contracture, quadriceps weakness, and hip extension weakness.
HCPCS Code: L1850
- Life Changing Review by Danny L
From the first day I stood up, I was able to walk with a walker for over 30 feet! I have improved every day thanks to this simple cage. It seriously changed my life. (Posted on 8/9/16)
- Sizing is inaccurate Review by Victor
(Posted on 9/21/15)
- May work if you have a severe knee hyperextension Review by Bella
- Great brace except for a couple of things Review by Barbara Davis
The things that I'm disappointed about are these: it's very "clunky" looking and there's no way that I could possibly wear it under work slacks at the office. I thought it would fit closer to the sides of my knee and there was no way to see that from the pictures. Also, the sizing is off. I ordered for my quad size as directed and it continually slips. I received it barely in time for a particular use and had no choice but to wear it unless I wanted to be in more pain than ever. No fault of the Brace Shop but I wouldn't think they'd take it back since the front straps are now somewhat dirty from the outdoor event I was desperate to have it for. So I will be ordering something like a neoprene type that I've looked at to use at the office and keeping this one for outdoor use.
In short...I'd order a size down from the sizing recommendations and don't expect that it will fit under nice clothes if you don't want it to be noticeable. Otherwise it definitely does the job of alleviating pain from hyperextension. (Posted on 6/28/15)
- Works Well Review by Lonni T, MS, PT
- ambiguous Review by bob
- Good job staff. Colleen helped me a lot &Understood my communication level after brain damsagefrom AVM Review by Nancy farrell
I had to return 1st one because it didn't fit
Right. But 2nd one fit perfect!
Thank you for your help. I talked w Ken who
Is skilled in knowing braces.!i wear a brace made by
A brace Dr in the day but can't wear it in the night.
I fracturef knee in 2 places. The Orthopdecs Dr gave
Me a cloth one to wear @ nite, but didn't do the job.
I found Swiss cage from years ago after stroke. So
this is what led me to the Swiss cage brace. Thanks
For all your patience & help trying to find the right one that fit
With appreciation for your kindness.
(Posted on 2/28/15)
- Good product - custmer sevice very friendly Review by AL
- I have 2 braces Review by Gary Harris
Gary Harris I have been fighting Multiple Sclerosis now for 20 years and my two braces has helped me tremendously
(Posted on 5/13/14)
- Product and personnel fixed one of my MS problems Review by Gary Harris
Gary Harris (Posted on 12/16/13)
- Excellent product and great Customer Service Review by Good job