Ossur Unloader One Arthritis Knee Brace
Lightweight, comfortable and easy to get on and off, the Unloader One knee brace is the ultimate in pain relief for osteoarthritis (OA) sufferers.
New: The Unloader One is now available as an off-the-shelf (without cover) brace. Drawing on twenty years of clinical studies and user feedback, Ossur has completely redesigned the legendary Unloader brace, incorporating new technologies for unrivalled performance. Biomechanical understanding and materials expertise have contributed to a holistic approach that addresses the pain and immobility caused by OA.
The Unloader One brace has 30-50% more unloading power than the original Unloader, with only HALF the weight. This low profile device has a new kind of breathable padding coated with silicone that virtually eliminates migration (slipping or rotation). Not one, but two Dynamic Force Straps work in conjunction with an easy-to-adjust control system which allows patients to better manage their knee pain. The buckle and strapping design makes it easier to apply and remove the brace, repeatedly achieving a snug fit without having to adjust it. Even patients with arthritic hands will find the brace easier to apply.
New:SmartDosing, powered by Boa®Technology, provides patients with a simplified, single-hand dosing dial for on-the-fly adjustability of the dual Dynamic Force Straps (DFS), helping them better manage their unicompartmental OA knee pain. And, by utilizing the new SmartDosing dial, users can easily adjust the dual DFS tension right through their clothes.
- Flexible, low-profile upright contours to patient anatomy and allows use underneath clothing
- Quick Connect Strapping for tool-free removal and replacement
- Lightweight frame is perforated for flexibility and ventilation
- 15.5" Length
- Dual Dynamic Force Straps increase unloading capabilities
- Eliminates rotational tendencies caused by a single strap
- Tool-free, racheting Dynamic Force Control System enables self-dosing by the patient
- Quick Fit Buckles with leverage arms enable easy application
- Easy removal without the need for cumbersome strap adjustment
- An Aerospacer base material coated with Ossur Sensil Silicone Technology
- Breathable padding that won't migrate
- Optional SmartDosing (extra charge applies)
- Mild to severe unicompartmental osteoarthritis
- Unicompartmental knee conditions that require load reduction to affected compartment, such as: Articular cartilage defect repair, Meniscal cartilage repair Avascular necrosis Tibia plateau fracture
- Normal activities of daily living
- Thigh circumference: 13.5" [34.3 cm] to 33" [83.8 cm]
- Calf circumference: 9.8" [25 cm] to 24" [61.5 cm]
- All non contact activities
- Maximum knee support
- Maximum stabilization
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease knee pain symptoms
- Improve knee joint function
- Lightweight support
This brace is rated Level IV
Click here for Rating Information
Application Instructions for The Unloader One
SmartDosing, powered by Boa®Technology, provides patients with a simplified, single-hand dosing dial for on-the-fly adjustability of the dual Dynamic Force Straps (DFS), helping them better manage their unicompartmental OA knee pain. And, by utilizing the new SmartDosing dial, users can easily adjust the dual DFS tension right through their clothes.
One of the most advanced hinged Knee Brace
Medial View of Unloader 1
| Lateral View of Unloader 1
|| Quick Fit
Color Coded Buckles
| Dual Dynamic Force Straps
Unloader 1 Liner Cover
Ossur warrants all components of The Unloader One brace against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 90 days.
Ossur warrants the hinge component against breakage for a period of 1 year.
HCPCS Code: L1843
- unloaderbrace Review by tootsie