Pro-Tec Ankle Wrap Support
The Pro-Tec Ankle Wrap Ankle Support provides moderate support for ankle sprains.
How It Works: The Ankle Wrap stabilizes the ankle joint, preventing sudden twists or turns which may cause further injury.
- The Pro-Tec Ankle Wrap provides stabilization for an ankle inversion or sprain
- Combines warmth and compression of a neoprene sleeve with the stabilizing benefits of a figure 8 wrap
- Fits comfortably in any shoe
The Pro-Tec Ankle Wrap is indicated for mild to moderate ankle sprains and as a preventative ankle wrap
- Increase ankle stability
- Prevent inversion/eversion
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms in the ankle joint
- Improve ankle joint function
- Ease of use
This brace is rated Level I
Click here for Rating Information
Pro-Tec Ankle Sizing Chart |
Available in sizes S-L
|Measurement according to US shoe size.|
The stretching or tearing of ligaments on the
outside or lateral aspect of the ankle.
Causes: The sudden turn of the foot, typically down and inward, may cause an ankle sprain. This often occurs when weight is applied to a foot that is on an uneven surface and foot "rolls in", or experiences an "inversion".
Symptoms: Tenderness, swelling. Inability to put weight on ankle because of pain.
Recommended Treatment: R.I.C.E. - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. Reduce activity to promote healing. Apply Ice for 10-15 minutes after each workout to reduce inflammation and pain. Be sure to get an evaluation by a medical professional and seek professional guidance on a proper rehabilitation program. Various exercises and stretching may help strengthen the injured ankle. A brace will stabilize the ankle and may help prevent further injury.
HCPCS Code: L1901