RCAI Adaptable Resting Hand Information
The new Adaptable Resting Hand by RCAI is indicated following stroke, arthritis, trauma, or hand injury, and for the treatment of finger, wrist and thumb contractures.
Made of a durable, foam-covered aluminum; can be bent without heat or tools, offering progressive extension of the wrist and finger positioning.
- Made of a durable, foam covered aluminum; the Adaptable Resting Hand can be
bent without heat or tools, offering progressive extension of the wrist and finger positioning
- The Adaptable Resting Hand features a functional resting hand position
- Finger separators, sewn to the liner, provide finger abduction and discourage radial and ulnar
deviation of the hand
- The breathable, washable liner is made of a wicking material that keeps moisture away
from the skin, maintaining good skin integrity
- Available in left or right
- Measure Width of Palm
The RCAI Adaptable Resting Hand is indicated for the moderate to severely contracted hand that requires a resting hand position.
- Decreases pain from contractures
- Adjustability of fit
- Improve patient compliance
This brace is rated Professional
Click here for Rating Information
|Size||Measure Width of Palm||Product Length|
|Small||2.5 - 3" (6.4 - 7.6 cm)||13" (33 cm)|
|Medium||3 - 3.5" (7.6 - 8.9 cm)||14" (36.8 cm)|
|Large||3.5 - 3.75" (8.9 - 9.5 cm)||16" (40.6 cm)|
What is a Hand Contracture?
A hand contracture occurs when there is a shortening or tightening of tendons, muscles and/or ligaments of the forearm, wrist or hand.
There are multiple reasons for contracture of the hand including scar tissue from burns, Dupuytren's disease, diabetes, MD, CVA and epilepsy.
HCPCS Code: L3807
- Working well so far Review by Jo