RCAI Hip Abduction Orthosis Information
The RCAI Hip Abduction Orthosis provides stabilization for patients prone to chronic dislocation due to involved post-op hip revision, for anterior or posterior hip dislocation, congenital hip dysphasia or to stabilize spastic, tight adductors secondary to hemiplegia or cerebral palsy.
The Hip Abduction Orthosis can maintain a corrected hip position post-surgically, reduce the tendency for subluxation and dislocation, or assist in sitting and standing posture requirements of daily activities.
This item requires a prescription!
- The RCAI Hip Abduction Orthosis
provides stabilization for patients prone to
chronic dislocation due to involved post-op hip revision
- Patients at risk for anterior or posterior hip dislocation
- As a prophylaxis to reinforce hip precautions
- Congenital hip dysplasia
- To stabilize spastic, tight adductors secondary to hemiplegia or cerebral palsy
- Unilateral, bilateral or universal design fits right or left
- Flexion/extension ROM control from 0° to 120° in 10° stop settings
- Abduction-adduction adjustments from 0° – 45° in 5° increments
- Unisex male or female pelvic component
- Vertical adjustability at hip and thigh
- Circumferential hip adjustment with padded pivotal back tilt
- Full hip to straight body types
- Medial condylar containment right or left
- Removable, replaceable washable liners
- Now available in rigid model for enhanced support (extra charge applies)
The Hip Abduction Orthosis provides hip stability, proper hip alignment and reduces stress for patients prone to chronic dislocation due to involved post-op hip revision
- Ease of adjustment
- Patient compliance
- Maintain proper hip position
- Adjustability in multiple body planes
This brace is rated Professional
Click here for Rating Information
Universal hinge assembly can be moved to the opposite side. Height is adjustable at hip and thigh
Adjust abduction/adduction hinge with allen wrench to desired degree. Increments are set at intervals of 5°.
This device can only be sold with a prescription or to a qualified health care provider. After your purchase will contact you for the required information.
This item can only be shipped to the doctor's office.
HCPCS Code: L1686 (L2624 if bilateral)