Townsend Rebel & Rebel Pro Ligament Knee Brace Information
One of the premier ligament knee braces, The Rebel and Rebel Pro offer a custom like fit with off-the-shelf convenience.
Featuring Townsend’s patented hinge motion, suspension and rotation control technology, these extremely low profile aircraft aluminum braces are backed by a no migration guarantee.
Townsend is the only orthopedic manufacturer that offers the fit quality and value of a custom brace for a pre-sized price when you order any Rebel Series brace from three leg measurements. For disproportional legs that need to be fit with a non-custom brace, Townsend’s “customized” fabrication is the ideal solution.
Our staff will mix and match part sizes and pre-set the width between the hinges to minimize or eliminate the need for you to make fitting adjustments.
- Rigid aircraft aluminum superstructure
- NEW ultra low profile TM5 Townsend Motion Hinges
- Patented suspension technology prevents brace migration (guaranteed)
- Only pre-sized brace you can order “customized” from three leg measurements
- ACL and combined instabilities models
- The RebelPro-TM5 is the highest strength model in our Rebel Series
- The Rebel-Pro is recommended for high intensity sports and heavy-duty users
- The Rebel-TM5 is made from a lighter aircraft aluminum, and is very rigid and durable
standard Rebel weighs 2-3 oz. less than the Pro model and is
non-contact sports and activities of daily living
- Choice of thigh and tibia shell designs
- Available in sizes XS to XXL
- Available in textured powder coat black or silver
- Choice of three lengths: 14" (5'7"-5'9"), 15" (6.0"-6'2") and 16" (>6'2") inches (most models)
- GROUND SHIPPING ONLY!
Townsend Rebel Series braces are designed for ligament instabilities, post-surgical stabilization and injury prevention.
- Maximum activity
- Delay surgery
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms
- Improve knee joint function
- Improve quality of life
This brace is rated Level IV
Click here for Rating Information
Townsend Rebel Ligament Knee Braces
Townsend Rebel OTS Order Form
The TM5 Hinge is based on the design and success of Townsend’s 4-Bar Hinge. Even though the new hinge is significantly smaller and thinner, it is actually stronger than the 4-Bar Hinge due to the design and construction of the joint. TM5 hinges have extension control stops that can be inserted into the joint to limit range of motion at 0, 5, 10, 15 and 20 degrees.
Our new “maximum control” (MC) thigh shell sweeps posterior and offers additional shell-to-skin contact. Recommended for athletic legs.
HCPCS Code: L1845
- good after one month Review by Doc Franknax
Con: No matter how tight I cinch it I still get lateral condyle "crackle" especially when used on my elliptical.Am 6'3" so to me it feels like something built for a Smurf but that's not brace's fault. I'd be willing to spring for a XXX if made.
Overall: If I wear something like this for twelve hours a day it must work and be comfortable. I like it. Will write back in six months regarding durability. (Posted on 12/18/13)