DonJoy Drytex Playmaker Knee Brace with Drop Lock Hinge Information
The DonJoy Drytex Playmaker with Drop Lock Hinge is a unique variation of the traditional Playmaker knee brace. The DropLock Hinge locks the knee in full extension, and then allows a quick release "drop lock", to allow full flexion.
The brace is ideal for post-operative use, post-polio and MS patients. This brace is ideal for patients who have neoprene-based irritations or allergies or live in warm weather climates.
DropLock hinges are ideal for full leg extension lock for patient standing assist, post-operative use, MS patients, ACL/Quadriceps complications and post-polio syndrome.
Only available in a wraparound.
- Feature patented 4-point dynamic leverage system ***
- Available in Neoprene Playmaker
- With or without popliteal cutout
- Cutout in the back of the brace to allow more breathability and prevent bunching
- Available in slip-on or wrap-around styles
- Additional full-circumference thigh strap for CL conversion
- 90 day warranty on frame and hinge
The Drytex Playmaker Knee Brace with Drop Lock Hinge is indicated when full locking knee extension is required for ambulation.
- Increase activity
- Delay surgery
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms associates with arthritis
- Improve joint function
- Improve quality of life
This brace is rated Level III
Click here for Rating Information
Match up the three measurements with the chart above to determine which size brace you need.
If you have any questions about which size you need please call, instant message or email us.
The DonJoy Drytex Playmaker with Drop Lock Hinge is a unique variation of the traditional Playmaker knee brace. Drytex is a neoprene alternative constructed of a unique nylon core and polyester Lycra® fabric that allows for improved airflow.
The lightweight polyester-nylon weave fabric is ideal for patients who have neoprene-based irritations or allergies, or live in warm weather climates.
***The Four Points of Leverage combine to successfully apply a net differential posterior force, or constant force to the tibia, which reduces the instability in the ACL.
- Point 1 Anterior: The first point of leverage is the anterior thigh cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the femur anteriorly.
- Point 2 Posterior: The second point of leverage is the posterior calf cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the tibia posteriorly.
- Point 3 Posterior: The third point of leverage is a posterior thigh strap, which is applied while drawing the hinge bars posteriorly on the knee.
- Point 4 Anterior: Incorporating the fourth point generates the crucial opposing force. By tightening and affixing the anterior tibial strap, the hinge is drawn into proper position, and the tibia is rotated posteriorly.
| What is the cause of ACL Tears?|
Hyperextension of the knee more than 10 degrees beyond its normal fully straightened position, and excessive inwards rotation of the lower leg is a very common cause of an ACL tear.
HCPCS Code: L1832
There are currently no reviews for this item.Write a Review
Featured Braces, Supports, and Therapy Products