Ossur SmartSling Shoulder Brace Information
The Ossur SmartSling Developed in association with key industry opinion leaders, the SmartSling was designed to fulfill three fundamental objectives: versatility, comfort, and ease of application.
- Thermal-molded foam padding, SoftEdge™ strapping, a breathable mesh base material
and a gussetted, chamois-covered neck pad combine to increase patient comfort
- Quick-release buckles and trimmable, "no fray" strapping allow quick and customized
fitting. Versatile. Comfortable. Easy. SmartSling
- Only 2 sizes so can be used for right or left arm
- Included underarm pillow helps distribute weight over a larger surface area and
decreases pressure on the ulnar nerve
- Mesh base material is skin friendly and breathable
- Thermal-molded foam padding provides more support than fabric and eliminates
uncomfortable bottom seam
- Low-profile, streamlined fit and contemporary, sporty look improve patient
comfort and compliance
- Comes with two pillows
Ossur SmartSling is indicated for immobilization for rotator cuff repairs, Bankart repairs, capsular shifts, glenohumeral dislocations/subluxation & soft tissue repairs/strains.
- Adjustable support
- Decrease anti-inflammatory medications
- Decrease pain symptoms associated with various shoulder, elbow and forearm conditions
- Improve arm function
- Adjustability for faster rehab
This brace is rated Level III
Click here for Rating Information
Ossur Smart Sling Fitting Instructions
1) Gussetted chamois neck pad contours to patient anatomy for improved comfort
2) Quick-release buckles for easier application and removalval
3) Re-positionable thumb loop for improved fit and comfort
4) SoftEdge strapping: easy to trim without seams or stitches that fray
HCPCS Code: L3670
What the hospital gives you is worthless. This sling was exactly what I needed being in the construction business. Great support and safty
The only thing that i do not like on this sling is the thumb loop. The sling that was provided at the hospital that i used for the first six weeks after surgery was a Don Joy. I removed the strap that was provided for the thumb and installed it on the Ossur. I would find it very annoying if i was still using the thumb loop that was provided with it. Other than that, the surgeon was impressed with this sing as well.
I replaced the flimsy immobilizer that I was given at the hospital following shoulder surgery for rotator cuff tear repair, acromioplasty, and distal clavicle resection with the Ossur SmartSling. The Ossur immobilizer provides a custom fit, allowing the straps to be tailored to your size. Not many slings provide this option. In my case this was essential as I am extremely slender and encountered difficulty with other immobilizers not fitting properly (either the waist strap was too long or the sling itself was too short). The Ossur sling can also be worn with or without the abduction pillow and still maintain the waist strap, which was essential n my case (the axilla support pillow also provides enhanced comfort when wearing the abduction pillow). My physical therapist was impressed with the sling as it is a marked improvement over most all of the post-op slings that patients are sent home with following shoulder surgery. Beyond comfort and support, comprehensive and well illustrated instructions came with the sling and set up time was only a few minutes. If you are looking for a great post-op sling following shoulder surgery, look no further! The Brace Shop was phenomenal to work with and went out of their way to ensure that the sling arrived in a timely manner!!
Great strap, much more comfortable for extended wear than the typical stringy straps available off the shelf at drug stores. It arrived with a lot more parts than I actually expected, very elaborate strap if wanted, or easy to convert to something less cumbersome, still comfortable either way. The only thing I do not like is the velcro strip that is used for a thumb loop/retention strap. That piece is uncomfortable and awkward fitting, and the only reason I did not rate the strap a five star. Otherwise, very comfortable and effective, great quality.
Featured Braces, Supports, and Therapy Products